Pays du Vouvray
en images
Touraine Est-Vallées
Version Française A+ A A-

Home Vouvray 02 47 52 68 73
Pays au coeur des saveurs
Le Pays de Vouvray
Vemou sur Brenne
Religious Monuments
Vine and Wine Museums
Natural Heritage
Local Heritage
Farm Visits
Did you know ?
Local Celebrities
Wines and Gastronomy
The “Route Touristique des Vignobles”
Local markets
Discovery Itineraries
Leisure Activities
Relaxation and reading
Bed & Breakfast
Seasonal rental
Collective accomodation
Gourmet restaurants
Traditional restaurants
Pizzerias, Pancake houses
Picnic areas
Useful businesses
Bakeries and delicatessen
Arts and crafts
Antique dealers
Emergency service
Home > Our Territory > Reugny



Crossed from north to south by the River Brenne, Reugny lies along the Brenne Valley and is a village typical of the region. It was first mentioned in 1104 in the Marmoutier Charter, under the name of Ruiniacum. Reugny is the birthplace of the Le Baume le Blanc family, which earned its place in French history thanks to its descendant Louise de la Vallière, who became Louis XIV’s official mistress in 1661. Château de la Vallière, which once belonged to the family, overlooks the village, which also contains a number of other remarkable buildings, including Saint-Médar Church, which harbours the tomb of one of Louise’s grandparents, Château de la Côte, Petit-Rochecorbon, Château de Launay, the burgher’s house that now acts as town hall, and the four water mills – du Pont, de la Vallière, du Puits, and de Chareau.

More information :
Mairie de Reugny  phone number  : +33 (0)2 47 52 94 32

Offices de Tourisme de France atout-france Pays d'art et d'histoire Val de Loire Touraine Loire Valley Pays Loire Touraine
Press | Sitemap | Legales mentions | Our partners | Internet address | Professional access | Contact